Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ultimate Broccoli

The weight loss journey is going really well so far!
I’m down 15 pounds!
I know I have a long way to go, but it’s definitely reassuring to see the scale number going down.
Today I wanted to highlight a recipe for broccoli
 that I saw on Pinterest.
It was one of the first recipes I ever pinned
but I just recently got around to trying it.
Well, let me just say this is the only way
I will ever eat broccoli again!
It was seriously awesome.
I’m not a huge broccoli fan but I could eat this every night.
Another nice thing about it is it can be completely
done and on the table in 20 min.
 Best Broccoli
Adapted from the Amateur Gourmet
4 lbs. of broccoli (I used 3 large bunches)
Olive oil
Kosher Salt & Pepper
4-5 Garlic cloves
Lemon
Parmesan
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

 
Take the broccoli and cut into florets and place on cookie sheet.
Peel the garlic cloves and slice. Add the slices to the broccoli.
Drizzle the broccoli and garlic cloves with olive oil (about 4 Tbsp., just eyeball it), then sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.  
Roast for 20-25 minutes until the broccoli tips turn brown.
When the broccoli comes out of the oven drizzle a couple of Tbsp. of olive oil over the top.  Then zest a lemon over top, and juice half of the lemon over it. Finally grate some fresh Parmesans over top (about 1/3 cup). This is definitely best when hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment