The weather has been wonderful lately and we've been
enjoying some walks down our drive before dinner.
We had a couple of leftover hot dogs and I saw this recipe
on a few different sites last week.
Liv really loved making them and definitely loved eating them.
Mini Corn Dog Muffins
Makes 48 mini muffins
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
8 -10 hot dogs each cut into 1" pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl mix baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Spray mini muffin tins with nonstick spray
- Place 1 Tablespoon of muffin mixture in each muffin cup.
- Place 1 hot dog bite in the middle of each cup.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator.