Sunday, September 9, 2012

Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad

My computer had been on the fritz for the last couple of months.
Well since I last posted it completely crashed.
Not even turning on.
I probably should have taken it in to be worked on earlier.
Especially since it would take me at least 30 minutes to turn it on.
But no, I guess I just thought it would magically fix itself.
Well, 2 weeks in the shop and a hefty bill later its back :)

Lots has happened in the past couple of weeks.
Kellen got his second tooth.
Liv is getting her back bottom molars.
Kellen started eating food for the first time.
Potty training is going great! I would say we are 95% done.
Started working on Kellen's Christmas stocking.
I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can remember.

Here is a recipe I made for dinner Friday night.
Liv and I loved it.
She kept grabbing little pieces out of the bowl and eating them!



Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad

2 cups shredded or chopped chicken
 1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can corn, drained
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
2 avocados, diced
1 head of iceberg lettuce chopped
optional: tortilla chips or Doritos

Dressing:
1/2 cup mayo
2/3 cup Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp. ranch seasoning
1 Tbsp. taco seasoning

First make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients, set aside.

Next mix the chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes, onions, avocados, and lettuce together.
Add the dressing to the salad and give it a good toss.

Grab a bowl and add some crushed chips to the bottom then spoon some of your salad on top!



No comments:

Post a Comment