I have seen this recipe being circulated on Pinterest for months.
It claims to be the best chocolate chip cookie recipe you will ever find.
I always kept saying I was going to try it but I never had the chocolate disks it called for.
Well last week as I was reading some of the blogs I follow
and Bakerella just happened to have made them.
I was reading through the comments section and someone said to use Ghirardelli
chocolates because they were similar in shape to the chocolate it called for.
So the verdict is....these were the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made!!!
Jacques Torres' Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars until very light (about 5 minutes)
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each is added.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and incorporate.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 24-36 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use an ice cream scoop to form balls about the size of golf balls. Sprinkle the tops with sea salt. Bake 6 cookies at a time for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Cool cookies for at least 10 minutes before removing from sheet.