Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter S'mores Bars

OK I lied.
I really planned on having lots of pictures from the 4th.
But it didn’t happen.
This year was probably the most low key holiday we’ve had in a while.
Some family members were out of town and with everything
being so dry it was pretty uneventful.
Joe said he was embarrassed to be walking out of the firework stand with just
fountains and little nick knacks
J
I managed to get one picture where you can actually see who it is.
I got out there while it was still fairly light but in about 5 minutes it was pitch black.



Anyway, so instead of seeing some really cute pictures of my babies
I have something better, well maybe not better :), a new recipe.
This maybe one of my new favorite desserts!
I have actually made it twice since Wednesday.
It’s super easy to put together and you can customize the filling to whatever you like.
I prefer peanut butter and chocolate so I put some Reese’s peanut butter bars
that I found at Wal-Mart as the filling in mine.
But you could also do just Hershey’s bars, or probably any thin candy bar.
I think next time I may try to pour some Nutella on!

 Chocolate Peanut Butter S'mores Bars



  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 2 Reeses Peanut Butter Bars (These were big bars, like the Hershey's bars)
  • 1 container marshmallow fluff

  • In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.

    Press remaining mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Place candy bars over crust; spread with marshmallow creme. Crumble remaining graham cracker mixture over top.

    Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container or we like to put ours in the refrigerator.  Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment