Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Beginning

Well, I finally did it. I have wanted to start a blog for so long but for some reason or another it just never happened. I think the hardest part for me was trying to come up with a name. You see all the cute, catchy, and unique names but I could not come up with anything. I really think I spent the better part of 6 months trying to think of the title. So here I am, and here it is...Pie in Pearls. Not the most unique name, but it will do for now!


I tried out a new recipe today for a Giant Chocolate Chip cookie. You can tell from the picture, some people were overly excited to try it before I had time to snap a few. I saw the recipe featured on the Pioneer Woman's site called "Tasty Kitchen." I didn't have an 8 inch cast iron skillet so I just used a large Le Creuset pan and it worked out great. I also doubled the recipe as my pan was probably closer to 12 inches.

We all really liked it but I think next time some vanilla ice cream would top it off! Mine definitely turned out more like a chocolate chip blondie than a cookie. Here is the link http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2012/05/dark-chocolate-chunk-skillet-cookie/

This post will be short and sweet today because I'm just trying to get this whole "blog" scene figured out. But you can expect lots of recipes, cute pictures, fun projects, and maybe some other things along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment