Friday, June 29, 2012

The Movies

So yesterday my Mom, Liv, Kellen and I all went to the movies.
It was Livs first time going. She was beyond excited.
All day we had been talking about it and when I went to wake her up
from her nap the first thing she said was "movies.'

When we got there she was fascinated with the popcorn popper.
She kept saying, "mmm, that's good and tasty!"

We watched the movie Brave, which I highly recommend.
My mom had been dying to take her to see it.



Liv with her snacks 


Kellen even enjoyed it! He never made a peep through the whole thing.




Afterwards Mom gave her the horse and girl from the movie :)

I can't wait to take her again! Her great grandparents have already asked
to take her to see Madagascar!

When we got home from the movies I was in a rush to make dinner so I grabbed a
recipe I had been wanting to try and that I knew was fast.
I think I had it on the table in about 20 minutes.
I found it in a Krafts food magazine a couple of years back and had never tried it.
Joe took 3 helpings if that tells you anything!
I forgot to take a picture but next time I do I will add it on here.


Speedy Chicken Stir Fry
8 oz angel hair pasta
2 cups broccoli florets
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup Kraft Asian toasted Sesame Dressing
2 T. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper.

Cook pasta according to directions, adding broccoli to the boiling water for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time.

Meanwhile, spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6-8 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionaly. Stir in dressing, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and cayenne pepper; cook 1 minutes stirring occasionally.

Drain pasta/broccoli and add it to the chicken mixture and toss together.


It was a really easy dinner and one I will definitley put in the rotation.
You could you any kind of vegetables you wanted in place of the broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment